Royal Show Competition: Rio Tinto Groundbreaker passport competition
Mechanics and Overview:
The competition is open to public and employees, who visit the Groundbreakers trail exhibit at the 2016 IGA Perth Royal Show (Claremont Showgrounds – 24th September until 1st October). Entrants are asked to stamp their passport at all six zones and complete their contact details on the passport to gain entry into the competition.
Via a completed printed form placed into the entry box at one of the six zones at the Rio Tinto Groundbreaker exhibit at the 2016 IGA Perth Royal Show.
Details required for entry:
- All six stamps – one from each zone
- Phone number
All valid entries submitted will form the database to be used in a random selection draw.
4 winners will be drawn by random selection on Friday 7 October.
Two winners will each receive an Apple iPad Air 2 32GB to the value of AU$569 each.
Two winners will each receive an Apple watch Series 2, silver aluminium case with white sport band, to the value of AU$579 each.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- These terms and conditions govern the RIO TINTO “Royal Show ticket allocation” competition (Competition) which is conducted by PILBARA IRON COMPANY (SERVICES) PTY LTD (ABN 35 107 210 248) (RT). All entries are made upon and subject to these terms and conditions, without alteration.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RT’s decision regarding all aspects of the Competition (including, but not limited to, conduct of the registration process, determination of eligible/valid entries and winners and the conduct of any draw) is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition commences taking entries on 24th September 2016 and entries close at 6pm (local time in Perth, Western Australia), on 1st October 2016.
- By entering the competition the entrant agrees that they are over the age of 18 years (as of 23rd September 2016), of if under the age of 18 years, have their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the competition and must be a resident in Australia.
- To enter the Competition you must duly complete an entry form at the Rio Tinto Groundbreaker exhibit (2016 IGA Perth Royal Show, Claremont Showgrounds, WA) and enter it in one of the six competition boxes, including, amongst other things, a stamp from each of the six zones in the exhibit, your name, your phone number and your email address.
- Only valid entries in hard copy entry forms will be eligible to take part in the Competition.
- Only valid entries submitted via the online registration form will be eligible to take part in the Competition.
- Any entry that is or may appear to be rude, obscene, defamatory or offensive must not be submitted and, if submitted, will not be valid.
- Employees, relatives and agents of RT or any related bodies corporate of RT, are eligible to enter.
- On or before [Friday 7th October 2016] a representative of RT will collate all entrants into a database which will then be used in the draw process to determine the winner.
- The database will be used in random selection draw that will take place at 11am (AWST) on 7th October 2016, at Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005 by a RT representative to determine the winner.
- The winner will be notified by phone and email. Entrants’ success in the Competition is not guaranteed. RT makes no representation or warranty (express or implied) that entrants will be successful. The winner’s details will be published online at [www.riotintogroundbreakers.com].
- If the winner cannot be contacted within 3 months of the Competition ending, a second chance draw will take place at [11am] (AWST) on 15 December 2016 at Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005 by an RT representative to determine the new winner.
- The total prize pool value is up to AU$2,296 (including GST) and consists of (1) prize each for the four (4) winners of the Competition. The prize will consist of:
- Apple iPad Air 2 32GB to the value of AU$569 each or an Apple watch Series 2, silver aluminium case with white sport band, to the value of AU$579 each.
- Only two of each prize type available. RT to determine the prize type a winner receives.
- The winner is solely responsible for the safe and proper use of his or her prize.
- The winner consents to RT, using his or her name, and photograph for publicity purposes. All Competition entries, including text and photos, may be freely used by RT for promotional purposes without formal acknowledgement to the owner.
- RT does not accept any responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or otherwise. RT does not have any control over the internet, networks or lines and does not accept any responsibility for any problems associated with any of those things, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including, without limitation), by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the reasonable control of RT, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, RT in their sole discretion may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of relevant State and Territory lottery and gaming authorities (as required).
- Neither RT, nor its or its related bodies corporates’ respective officers, employees, contractors, affiliates, representatives and associated agencies and companies are or will be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) arising out of, or in any way connected with the Competition or any prize (including, without limitation, delivery, acceptance or use of any prize), except for any liability which, by law, cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law).
- RT may disclose entrants’ personal information to their respective contractors and agents to assist in conducting the Competition or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory lottery and gaming authorities and winners’ names may be published as required under the relevant legislation.
- RT marketing activities are subject to the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- These terms are governed by the laws of Western Australia. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies your statutory rights, to the extent any such restriction, exclusion or modification is prohibited by law.
- RT reserves the right to change the duration or any other aspect of the Competition at any time, in which case the entries closure, short-listing, winner determination and any draw dates may also change.
- By entering the Competition you give permission to RT to use the information provided for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages, in relation to the Groundbreakers’ campaign (November 2015 – December 2016). In order to do this, RT may share entrant’s details with its service providers who are contract-bound to protect the entrant’s privacy. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to RT.