Competition: Royal Show tickets random draw and child show bag road tester experience
Mechanics and Overview:
The competition is open to employees who register via the Groundbreakers website (www.riotintogroundbreakers.com) between Thursday 11 August 2016 (12am WST) and 7 September 2016 (5pm WST). Entrants can register for just tickets or enter the additional details for the child show bag road tester experience on the 14 September at 10am at the Claremont Showgrounds, Western Australia. If entering a child in this draw they must be between the ages of 4 and 9 years (as of 14 September 2016).
Via online form on the Groundbreakers website. Only one valid entry per personnel/employee number.
Details required for ticket registration entry:
- First name
- Last name
- Personnel/employee number
- Ticket type preference (family - pass of two adults and two children; or double pass - two adults)
Additional details required to also enter the show bag road tester experience draw:
- Child’s first name
- Child’s last name
- Parent’s contact phone number
All valid entries submitted will form the database to be used in a random selection draw for ticket allocation. All valid entries submitted with the additional details required for the show bag road tester experience will form a second database to be used in a random selection draw for the show bag road tester experience.
- 1,000 winners will be selected from those registered for the family passes
- 1,000 winners will be selected from those registered for the double passes
- 20 children will be selected from those registered for the show bag road tester experience
- 1,000 family passes to the IGA Perth Royal Show 2016
- 1,000 double passes to the IGA Perth Royal Show 2016
- 20 children will attend the show bag road tester experience on Wednesday 14 September 2016 at 10am
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- These terms and conditions govern the RIO TINTO “Royal Show ticket allocation” competition (Competition) which is conducted by PILBARA IRON COMPANY (SERVICES) PTY LTD (ABN 35 107 210 248) (RT). All entries are made upon and subject to these terms and conditions, without alteration.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RT’s decision regarding all aspects of the Competition (including, but not limited to, conduct of the registration process, determination of eligible/valid entries and winners and the conduct of any draw) is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition commences taking entries on 11 August 2016 at 12am (WST) and entries close at 5pm (WST), on 7 September 2016.
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must be a resident in Australia, an employee of RT and aged over 18 years (as of 11 August 2016).
- In addition to the person registering the child meeting the requirements of point 4, for a child to the eligible for the show bag road tester experience, they must be between the ages of 4 and 9 years (inclusive) as of 14 September 2016). The child must be able to attend the experience at the Claremont Showgrounds, Western Australian at 10am on the 14 September 2016.
- To enter the Competition you must duly complete an online registration at riotintogroundbreakers.com/royalshowtickets, including your first and last name, your email address, your RT personnel/employee number and ticket preference. If also registering for the show bag road tester experience you be also include the child’s first and last name and parent’s phone number and be able to attend the event on 14 September 2016 at 10am at the Claremont Showgrounds.
- Only valid entries submitted via the online registration form will be eligible to take part in the Competition.
- Any entry that is or may appear to be rude, obscene, defamatory or offensive must not be submitted and, if submitted, will not be valid.
- Employees of RT are eligible to enter.
- On Thursday 8 September 2016 a representative of RT will collate all entrants into a database which will then be used in the draw process to determine the winner.
- The database will be used in random selection draw that will take place at 11am (WST) on 9 September 2016, at Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005 to determine the winners.
- The winners will be notified by email. Entrants’ success in the Competition is not guaranteed. RT makes no representation or warranty (express or implied) that entrants will be successful. The winner’s details will be published online at www.riotintogroundbreakers.com.
- Winners will be provided with details for how to redeem their prize.
- If the winner advises RT that they will not be claiming their prize, a second chance random draw will take place the day following at The Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005 to determine the new winner.
- The total prize pool value is up to A$86,650 (including GST) and consists of 6,000 staff tickets (purchased at a 30% discount) to be allocated to 2,000 winners, plus 20 individual child winners. The prize will consist of:
- 1,000 family passed (two adult tickets and two children tickets)
- 1,000 double passed (two adult tickets)
- 20 show bag road tester experiences on 14 September 2016 at 10am at the Claremont Showgrounds, Western Australia
- The winner is solely responsible for the safe and proper use of his or her prize.
- The winner consents to RT, using his or her name, and photograph for publicity purposes. All Competition entries, including text and photos, may be freely used by RT for promotional purposes without formal acknowledgement to the owner.
- RT does not accept any responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or otherwise. RT does not have any control over the internet, networks or lines and does not accept any responsibility for any problems associated with any of those things, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including, without limitation), by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the reasonable control of RT, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, RT in their sole discretion may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of relevant State and Territory lottery and gaming authorities (as required).
- Neither RT, nor its or its related bodies corporates’ respective officers, employees, contractors, affiliates, representatives and associated agencies and companies are or will be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) arising out of, or in any way connected with the Competition or any prize (including, without limitation, delivery, acceptance or use of any prize), except for any liability which, by law, cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law).
- RT may disclose entrants’ personal information to their respective contractors and agents to assist in conducting the Competition or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory lottery and gaming authorities and winners’ names may be published as required under the relevant legislation.
- RT marketing activities are subject to the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- These terms are governed by the laws of Western Australia. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies your statutory rights, to the extent any such restriction, exclusion or modification is prohibited by law.
- RT reserves the right to change the duration or any other aspect of the Competition at any time, in which case the entries closure, short-listing, winner determination and any draw dates may also change.
- By entering the Competition you give permission to RT to use the information provided for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages, in relation to the Groundbreakers’ campaign (November 2015 – December 2016). In order to do this, RT may share entrant’s details with its service providers who are contract-bound to protect the entrant’s privacy. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to RT.