Lost Rio Tinto competition Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions govern the RIO TINTO ‘Lost Rio Tinto’ competition (Competition) which is conducted by PILBARA IRON COMPANY (SERVICES) PTY LTD (ABN 35 107 210 248) (RT). All entries are made upon and subject to these Terms and Conditions, without alteration. Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RT’s decision regarding all aspects of the Competition (including, but not limited to, the collection of entries, determination of eligible/valid entries and winners and the conduct of any draw) is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition commences taking entries on Thursday 4 February 2016 and will finish taking entries at midnight (local time in Perth, WA), on Wednesday 14 December 2016. The competition will run for 44 weeks.
- The Competition will conduct a prize draw weekly, with all entries for the week’s draw to be received by midnight (local time in Perth, WA) on Wednesday each week.
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must be a Rio Tinto employee or contractor currently working on RTIO sites or a resident of Australia and aged over 18 years (as of 4 February 2016).
- To enter the Competition you must duly complete an entry form online at riotintogroundbreakers.com, including your answer to the question posed each week, your full name, and your email address.
- Only valid entries submitted online will be eligible to take part in the Competition.
- Any entry that is or may appear to be rude, obscene, defamatory or offensive must not be submitted and, if submitted, will not be valid.
- Only one entry per email address will be eligible to enter each week.
- On Thursday each week, a representative of RT will determine a list of correct responses from the entries submitted during the preceding 7 days, and collate all entrants who submitted this answer into a database which will then be used in the draw process to determine the winners.
- The database will be used in a random selection draw that will take place each Thursday at 10:00am (AWST), Level 19 Central Park, 152-158 St George's Terrace, Perth WA 6000 by an RT representative to determine the winners. Winners’ first name and last initial will be published on the website riotintogroundbreakers.com. The below table outlines the random selection draw dates.
Draw close date Draw date Draw time Date winner notified Winner published on website 10-Feb 11-Feb 10am 11-Feb 11-Feb 17-Feb 18-Feb 10am 18-Feb 18-Feb 24-Feb 25-Feb 10am 25-Feb 25-Feb 2-Mar 3-Mar 10am 3-Mar 3-Mar 9-Mar 10-Mar 10am 10-Mar 10-Mar 16-Mar 17-Mar 10am 17-Mar 17-Mar 23-Mar 24-Mar 10am 24-Mar 24-Mar 30-Mar 31-Mar 10am 31-Mar 31-Mar 6-Apr 7-Apr 10am 7-Apr 7-Apr 13-Apr 14-Apr 10am 14-Apr 14-Apr 20-Apr 21-Apr 10am 21-Apr 21-Apr 27-Apr 28-Apr 10am 28-Apr 28-Apr 4-May 5-May 10am 5-May 5-May 11-May 12-May 10am 12-May 12-May 18-May 19-May 10am 19-May 19-May 25-May 26-May 10am 26-May 26-May 1-Jun 2-Jun 10am 2-Jun 2-Jun 8-Jun 9-Jun 10am 9-Jun 9-Jun 15-Jun 16-Jun 10am 16-Jun 16-Jun 22-Jun 23-Jun 10am 23-Jun 23-Jun 29-Jun 30-Jun 10am 30-Jun 30-Jun 6-Jul 7-Jul 10am 7-Jul 7-Jul 13-Jul 14-Jul 10am 14-Jul 14-Jul 20-Jul 21-Jul 10am 21-Jul 21-Jul 27-Jul 28-Jul 10am 28-Jul 28-Jul 3-Aug 4-Aug 10am 4-Aug 4-Aug 10-Aug 11-Aug 10am 11-Aug 11-Aug 17-Aug 18-Aug 10am 18-Aug 18-Aug 24-Aug 25-Aug 10am 25-Aug 25-Aug 31-Aug 1-Sep 10am 1-Sep 1-Sep 7-Sep 8-Sep 10am 8-Sep 8-Sep 14-Sep 15-Sep 10am 15-Sep 15-Sep 21-Sep 22-Sep 10am 22-Sep 22-Sep 28-Sep 29-Sep 10am 29-Sep 29-Sep 5-Oct 6-Oct 10am 6-Oct 6-Oct 12-Oct 13-Oct 10am 13-Oct 13-Oct 19-Oct 20-Oct 10am 20-Oct 20-Oct 26-Oct 27-Oct 10am 27-Oct 27-Oct 2-Nov 3-Nov 10am 3-Nov 3-Nov 9-Nov 10-Nov 10am 10-Nov 10-Nov 16-Nov 17-Nov 10am 17-Nov 17-Nov 23-Nov 24-Nov 10am 24-Nov 24-Nov 30-Nov 1-Dec 10am 1-Dec 1-Dec 7-Dec 8-Dec 10am 8-Dec 8-Dec 14-Dec 15-Dec 10am 15-Dec 15-Dec
- Entrants may win multiple prizes over 46 weeks (only one entry per email address will be eligible to enter each week). Entrants’ success in the Competition is not guaranteed. RT makes no representation or warranty (express or implied) that entrants will be successful.
- The winners will be notified by email sent to the email address supplied in the entry form.
- If a winner cannot be contacted within 3 months of the draw ending, a second chance draw will take place no less than two weeks later at 11:00 am (AWST)Level 19, Central Park, 152-158 St George's Terrace, Perth WA 6000 by an RT representative to determine a new winner. The new winner will be notified via email on the day of the draw and published on the website riotintogroundbreakers.com The below table outlines the random selection redraw dates.
Draw close date Redraw date Redraw time Redraw winner notified Redraw winner published on website 10-Feb 19-May 11am 19-May 19-May 17-Feb 26-May 11am 26-May 26-May 24-Feb 2-Jun 11am 2-Jun 2-Jun 2-Mar 9-Jun 11am 9-Jun 9-Jun 9-Mar 16-Jun 11am 16-Jun 16-Jun 16-Mar 23-Jun 11am 23-Jun 23-Jun 23-Mar 30-Jun 11am 30-Jun 30-Jun 30-Mar 7-Jul 11am 7-Jul 7-Jul 6-Apr 14-Jul 11am 14-Jul 14-Jul 13-Apr 21-Jul 11am 21-Jul 21-Jul 20-Apr 28-Jul 11am 28-Jul 28-Jul 27-Apr 4-Aug 11am 4-Aug 4-Aug 4-May 11-Aug 11am 11-Aug 11-Aug 11-May 18-Aug 11am 18-Aug 18-Aug 18-May 25-Aug 11am 25-Aug 25-Aug 25-May 1-Sep 11am 1-Sep 1-Sep 1-Jun 8-Sep 11am 8-Sep 8-Sep 8-Jun 15-Sep 11am 15-Sep 15-Sep 15-Jun 22-Sep 11am 22-Sep 22-Sep 22-Jun 29-Sep 11am 29-Sep 29-Sep 29-Jun 6-Oct 11am 6-Oct 6-Oct 6-Jul 13-Oct 11am 13-Oct 13-Oct 13-Jul 20-Oct 11am 20-Oct 20-Oct 20-Jul 27-Oct 11am 27-Oct 27-Oct 27-Jul 3-Nov 11am 3-Nov 3-Nov 3-Aug 10-Nov 11am 10-Nov 10-Nov 10-Aug 17-Nov 11am 17-Nov 17-Nov 17-Aug 24-Nov 11am 24-Nov 24-Nov 24-Aug 1-Dec 11am 1-Dec 1-Dec 31-Aug 8-Dec 11am 8-Dec 8-Dec 7-Sep 15-Dec 11am 15-Dec 15-Dec 14-Sep 22-Dec 11am 22-Dec 22-Dec 21-Sep 29-Dec 11am 29-Dec 29-Dec 28-Sep 5-Jan 11am 5-Jan 5-Jan 5-Oct 12-Jan 11am 12-Jan 12-Jan 12-Oct 19-Jan 11am 19-Jan 19-Jan 19-Oct 26-Jan 11am 26-Jan 26-Jan 26-Oct 2-Feb 11am 2-Feb 2-Feb 2-Nov 9-Feb 11am 9-Feb 9-Feb 9-Nov 16-Feb 11am 16-Feb 16-Feb 16-Nov 23-Feb 11am 23-Feb 23-Feb 23-Nov 2-Mar 11am 2-Mar 2-Mar 30-Nov 9-Mar 11am 9-Mar 9-Mar 7-Dec 16-Mar 11am 16-Mar 16-Mar 14-Dec 23-Mar 11am 23-Mar 23-Mar
- The total prize pool value is A$14,863 (including GST) and consists of 230 prizes for the winners of the Competition. This is 5 weekly prizes, for a total of 46 weeks. The prizes will consist of:
- 55 x Future Shelter iPad stands (value A$45 each, A$2,475 in total)
- 55 x Future Shelter pack of six coasters (value A$48 each, A$2,640 in total)
- 50 x Future Shelter pack of six magnets and spiral notebook (value A$40 each, A$2,000 in total)
- 50 x Double pass to Black Swan Theatre Company production (value A$70.70 each, A$3,535 in total)
- 10 x Royal Show family passes (value A$51.80 each, A$518 in total)
- 10 x Royal Show double passes (value A$40.60 each, A$406 in total)
- 230 x RT water bottle, tote bag and pen packs (value A$14.30 each, $3,289 in total)
- New South Wales: LTPS/16/00190 – Amendment APPROVED
- South Australia: TP 16/37
- Australian Capital Territory: ACT TP 16/00162.1