Terms and Conditions
Launch Competition: What's your favourite Groundbreaker?
Mechanics and Overview:
The competition is open to public and employees, who visit the Groundbreaker Trail exhibition (Central Park – 17 November until 24 November) or the Groundbreaker website. Entrants are asked to vote for their favourite “Groundbreaker” from the 50 included in the trail to gain entry into the competition.
Via printed form placed into the entry box at the Central Park exhibition, or online form on the Groundbreaker website.
Details required for entry:
- Phone number
- Vote for favourite Groundbreaker (can be number or description)
All valid entries submitted will form the database to be used in a random selection draw. One (1) winner will be drawn by random selection.
Three nights accommodation for two people at the Karijini Eco Retreat, return economy flights (from any major Australian city) and hire car included. Value: $5000. If the winner chooses, in lieu of taking the prize, $5000 will be donated to charity of the winner’s choice.
Karijini Eco Retreat is a unique, environmentally friendly and ecologically sound accommodation development located in the depths of the breathtaking Karijini National Park just 35km from the Karijini Visitors Centre in the nature-based destination of the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Guests are treated to a range of accommodations and on-site facilities. Karijini Eco Retreat offers an authentic outback experience at an affordable price whilst operating in perfect harmony with the environment.
Owned by the Gumala Aboriginal Corporation (GAC), and developed by Eco Constructions, the Karijini Eco Retreat was borne to develop a portfolio of substantial and diversified commercial assets. The development was an essential part of the long-term commitment of Gumala to bring socio-economic benefits to the region whilst acknowledging the wider tourism industry benefits.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- These terms and conditions govern the RIO TINTO “Favourite Groundbreaker” competition (Competition) which is conducted by PILBARA IRON COMPANY (SERVICES) PTY LTD (ABN 35 107 210 248) (RT). All entries are made upon and subject to these terms and conditions, without alteration.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, RT’s decision regarding all aspects of the Competition (including, but not limited to, the short-listing of Groundbreaker trail elements, conduct of the voting process, determination of eligible/valid entries and winners and the conduct of any draw) is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition commences taking entries on 17th November 2015 and entries close at midnight (local time in Perth, Western Australia), on 14th December 2015.
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must be a resident in Australia and aged over 18 years (as of 17 November 2015).
- To enter the Competition you must duly complete an entry form at the Groundbreakers Exhibition (Central Park, Perth, WA) and enter it in the competition box, or online at riotintogroundbreakers.com, including, amongst other things, your favourite Groundbreaker from the trail (number or description), your name, your email and your phone number.
- Only valid entries submitted online or in hard copy entry forms will be eligible to take part in the Competition.
- Any entry that is or may appear to be rude, obscene, defamatory or offensive must not be submitted and, if submitted, will not be valid.
- Employees, relatives and agents of RT or any related bodies corporate of RT, are eligible to enter.
- On or before [Sunday 20th December 2015] a representative of RT will collate all entrants into a database which will then be used in the draw process to determine the winner.
- The database will be used in random selection draw that will take place at 11am (AWST) on 21 December 2015, at Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005 by an RT representative to determine the winner.
- The winner will be notified by email. Entrants’ success in the Competition is not guaranteed. RT makes no representation or warranty (express or implied) that entrants will be successful. The winner’s details will be published online at [www.riotintogroundbreakers.com.au].
- If the winner cannot be contacted within 3 months of the Competition ending, a second chance draw will take place at [11am] (AWST) on 21 March 2016 at Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005 by an RT representative to determine the new winner.
- The total prize pool value is up to A$5,000 (including GST) and consists of one (1) prize for the winner of the Competition. The prize will consist of:
- Three nights accommodation for two people at the Karijini Eco Retreat, return economy flights (from any major city in Australia) and hire car included.
- If the winner chooses, in lieu of taking the prize, A$5000 will be donated to a registered entity with charitable status of the winner’s choice.
- The prize must be taken “as offered” and cannot be varied, extended, transferred or exchanged for cash.
- The winner is responsible for all other expenses incurred during travel to and from the prize location.
- The prize must be taken within 12 months of the Competition ending.
- The winner is solely responsible for the safe and proper use of his or her prize.
- The winner consents to RT, using his or her name, and photograph for publicity purposes. All Competition entries, including text and photos, may be freely used by RT for promotional purposes without formal acknowledgement to the owner.
- RT does not accept any responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or otherwise. RT does not have any control over the internet, networks or lines and does not accept any responsibility for any problems associated with any of those things, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including, without limitation), by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the reasonable control of RT, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, RT in their sole discretion may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of relevant State and Territory lottery and gaming authorities (as required).
- Neither RT, nor its or its related bodies corporates’ respective officers, employees, contractors, affiliates, representatives and associated agencies and companies are or will be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) arising out of, or in any way connected with the Competition or any prize (including, without limitation, delivery, acceptance or use of any prize), except for any liability which, by law, cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law).
- RT may disclose entrants’ personal information to their respective contractors and agents to assist in conducting the Competition or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory lottery and gaming authorities and winners’ names may be published as required under the relevant legislation.
- RT marketing activities are subject to the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- These terms are governed by the laws of Western Australia. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies your statutory rights, to the extent any such restriction, exclusion or modification is prohibited by law.
- RT reserves the right to change the duration or any other aspect of the Competition at any time, in which case the entries closure, short-listing, winner determination and any draw dates may also change.
- By entering the Competition you give permission to RT to use the information provided for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages, in relation to the Groundbreakers’ campaign (November 2015 – December 2016). In order to do this, RT may share entrant’s details with its service providers who are contract-bound to protect the entrant’s privacy. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to RT.
NSW PERMIT NO. LTPS/15/08215
ACT PERMIT NO. TP 15/07997