Terms and Conditions
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading international mining group headquartered in the UK, combining Rio Tinto plc, a London and New York Stock Exchange listed company, and Rio Tinto Limited, which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. The two companies are joined in a dual listed companies structure as a single economic entity, called the Rio Tinto Group. Rio Tinto is the publisher of this site.
Information on this site
This website has been established by Pilbara Iron Company (Services) Pty Limited (ABN 35 107 210 248), part of the Rio Tinto Group, on behalf of them, to celebrate and acknowledge 50 years of iron ore mining activities in the Pilbara by members of Rio Tinto Iron Ore. All information on this site is provided for information only.
Rio Tinto has made reasonable efforts to ensure that information provided on this site is accurate at the time of first publication, noting in particular that the Groundbreaker Timeline contains material submitted by others. Rio Tinto makes no representations or warranties of any kind about this site or any of its content. We are not responsible to you or anyone else for any direct or consequential loss (or any other form of damage or loss) suffered in connection with the use of this site. We exclude any liability which may arise as a result of use of this site.
No information contained in this site constitutes or shall be deemed to constitute an invitation or inducement to invest or otherwise deal in the shares or any other securities of Rio Tinto plc, Rio Tinto Limited, any other member of the Rio Tinto Group, any other person, or to engage in any investment activity, and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law.
External/ Third party links
Any links to external sits within this site are not under the control of Rio Tinto. Rio Tinto is not responsible for any content that is being provided by others, and the inclusion of a link does not suggest Rio Tinto endorses the content at that link.
Copyright and photo & video libraries
All right, title and interest in this website (including all intellectual property rights therein) are and will remain the exclusive property of Rio Tinto or its licensors. The images(s)/video(s) on this site are the copyright of Rio Tinto. These images(s)/video(s) are made available in good faith and on the basis that:
- any copyright and other property notices these images(s)/video(s) are keep on every copy you make;
- the content of these mages(s)/video(s) may not be altered in any way; and
- these images(s)/video(s) will not be used in connection with any purpose that is or could reasonably be expected to be detrimental to Rio Tinto, its officers or employees or any other third party.
The images(s)/video(s) may not be sold.
This site and its use are governed by the laws of England.
Complaints or further information
If you have any complaints, claims or require further information with respect to website or these terms and conditions, or wish to make a request for access to or correction of information, please direct all communication to:
152-158 St Georges Terrace, Perth 6000, Western Australia
Phone: +61 8 9424 7584
Picnic Day competitions: Subscribe and win
Mechanics and overview
The competition is open to public and employees, who visit the Groundbreakers picnic day exhibitions
• Tom Price Picnic Day, Friday 6 May, 4pm – 9pm, Main Oval or
• Paraburdoo Picnic Day, Saturday 7 May, 4pm – 9pm, Main Oval
Must complete an entry form and submit the form into the competition entry box during the picnic day to gain entry into the competition for that town. There is one competition for each town.
Via printed form placed into the entry box at the Picnic Day installation in the town (Tom Price or Paraburdoo).
Details required for entry:
All valid entries submitted will form the database to be used in a random selection barrel draw.
One (1) winner will be drawn from the barrel from Tom Price entries and one (1) winner will be drawn from the barrel from Paraburdoo entries. 2 winners in total.
The draw will take place at 9:30pm after the end of each event.
Ipad Air 16 gig with WIFI, valued at $600
Total prize pool is $1,200.
Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. These terms and conditions govern the RIO TINTO (RT) “Groundbreakers Picnic Day competition” (the Competition) which is conducted by PILBARA IRON COMPANY (SERVICES) PTY LTD (35107210248). All entries are made upon and subject to these terms and conditions, without alteration.
3. To the maximum extent permitted by law, RT decision regarding all aspects of the Competition (including, but not limited to determination of eligible/valid entries and winners and the conduct of any draw) is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into.
4. The Tom Price Competition commences taking entries on Friday 6th May 2016 at 4pm WST and entries close at 9.00pm WST the same day.
5. The Paraburdoo commences taking entries on Saturday 7th May 2016 at 4pm WST and entries close at 9.00pm WST the same day.
6. To be eligible to enter the Competition, you must be a resident in Australia and aged over 18 years on 5th May 2016.
7. To enter the Competition you must duly complete an entry form at the Groundbreakers Exhibition at Picnic Day (Tom Price or Parabadoo Picnic Day – Main Oval) and enter it in the competition box, including your name and your email.
8. Only valid entries submitted on hard copy entry forms will be eligible to take part in the Competition.
9. Any entry that is or may appear to be rude, obscene, defamatory or offensive must not be submitted and, if submitted, will not be valid.
10. Employees, relatives and agents of RT, and any related bodies, are eligible to enter.
11. On or before [9.20pm Friday 6th May, and 9.20pm Saturday 7th May] a RT representative will ensure all entries are in the barrel.
12. A representative of RT will then draw at random one entry from the barrel [9:30pm Friday 6th May 2016, and 9:30pm Saturday 7th May 2016] at Tom Price and Parabadoo Picnic Day – Main Oval to determine the winner.
13. The winner will be notified by email.
14. If the winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of the competition ending, a second chance draw will take place on 1st June 2016 at The Brand Agency, Level 3, 11 Harvest Terrace, West Perth WA 6005 by a representative of RT to determine the new winner.
15. The total prize pool value is up to $1,200 (including GST) and consists of two (2) prizes for the winners of the Competition. Each prize will consist of: 1 x Apple iPad Air 16g WIFI enabled, RRP $600.00 each.
• The prize must be taken “as offered” and cannot be varied, extended, transferred or exchanged for cash.
• The prize will be posted to each winner.
16. The winner is responsible for the safe and proper use of his or her prize.
17. The winner consents to RT, using his or her name, and photograph for publicity purposes. All competition entries, including text and photos, may be freely used by RT for promotional purposes without formal acknowledgement to the owner.
18. RT does not accept any responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed or ineligible entries, applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, theft, deletion, destruction, transmission, interruption, communications failure or otherwise. RT does not have any control over the internet, networks or lines and does not accept any responsibility for any problems associated with any of those things, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
19. If for any reason any aspect of the Competition is not capable of running as planned (including, without limitation), by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any cause beyond the reasonable control of RT, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, RT in their sole discretion may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of relevant State and Territory lottery and gaming authorities (as required).
20. RT, nor their respective officers, employees, contractors, representatives and associated agencies and companies are or will be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, loss of opportunity or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any negligence) arising out of, or in any way connected with the Competition or any prize (including, without limitation, delivery, acceptance or use of any prize), except for any liability which, by law, cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law).
21. RT may disclose entrants’ personal information to their respective contractors and agents to assist in conducting the Competition or communicating with entrants and to State and Territory lottery and gaming authorities and winners’ names may be published as required under the relevant legislation.
22. RT marketing activities are subject to the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
23. These terms are governed by the laws of the States and Territories of Australia. Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies your statutory rights, to the extent any such restriction, exclusion or modification is prohibited by law.
24. RT reserves the right to change the duration of the Competition at any time, in which case the entries closure, short-listing, winner determination and any draw dates will also change.
25. By entering this competition, you give permission to RT to use the information provided for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages, in relation to the Groundbreakers’ campaign (November 2015 – December 2016). In order to do this, RT may share entrant’s details with its service providers who are contract-bound to protect the entrant’s privacy. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to RT.